Here we are going to tell you “What is the Salary of IFS (Indian Foreign Service) Officer” and other detail regarding the benefits and perks as well as allowances they get. Every year lakhs of candidates seem for Civil Services examination (CSE) conducted by the Union Public Services Commission (UPSC). Communications Security Establishment is that the to performing at the upmost level of paperwork – Indian Admistrative (Body) Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Revenue Service (IRS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS).
An IFS officer is liable for handling the external affairs of the country that additionally includes diplomacy, trade additionally as cultural relations. Several candidates dream to secure a central government job as associate IFS officer because of many advantages, like free accommodation, transportation, retirement advantages, pension and what is more, it’s a extremely secured job that gives the chance to remain and study abroad.
Also, the 7 pay commission has been approved and for this reason, there’s a large hike in pay for the IFS officers. So, candidates UN agency secure employment as associate IFS officer in Republic of India are going to be awarded varied perks as mentioned on top of. Except this, the Indian Government additionally provides Special Foreign Allowances for the candidates UN agency area unit announce out of the country. During this article, we are going to offer you with all the elaborated data concerning IFS Salary. Checkout for more.
Indian Foreign Service Officer (IFS) Salary Structure
The overall Newly Joined IFS Salary in hand is around 60,000 per month as well as all the advantages and allowances. However this wage differs supported the Officer posting, that’s if the chosen candidate got his/her posting in foreign countries then he/she might receive a wage of 2.40 lakhs underneath special foreign allowance. The Indian Foreign Service Officer Salary or IFS Salary is tabulated below:
|Grade||Rank||Basic Pay||Grade Pay|
|Junior Time Scale||Under Secretary||8000||5400|
|Senior Time Scale||Under Secretary||10700||6600|
|Junior Administrative Scale||Deputy Secretary||12750||7600|
|Selection Grade||Counselor Director||15100||8700|
|Senior Administrative Scale||Joint Secretary||18400||10000|
|High Commissioner / Ambassador||Foreign Secretary||26000||Nil|
IFS Officer Rank
The IFS Officer get promotion on there work basis and the experience over the year they get. below we have mentioned the Rank and pay scale of IFS Officer income.
- Junior duration the officers can be a part of as “Under Secretary” and therefore the can vary from 8000 to 14000/-
- In Senior duration the officers can be a part of as “Under Secretary” and therefore the wage are around 10650 to 16000/-
- In Junior body the officers can be a part of as “Deputy Secretary” and therefore the wage can vary from 12,750 to 17000/-
- Selection Grade officers can be a part of as “Counselor Director” and therefore the wage are around 15,100 to 18,500/–
- The officer at Senior body level can be a part of as a “Joint Secretary” and therefore the wage are around 18,400 to 22,500/-
- Officer at diplomat or Ambassador level can work as “Foreign Secretary” and that they wouldn’t receive any grade pay.
Grade Pay and Pay Band of IFS Officer
The Income of IFS Officer on Basis of Grade Pay are mentioned below according to their Grade and Rank.
|Sl. No.||Grade||Pay Band||Grade Pay|
|1.||Junior Scale||15,600 –39,100INR||5400 INR|
|2.||Senior Scales – The Senior Scales is into 3 major categories||—–||—–|
|i.||Senior time Scale||15,600 –39,100INR||6600 INR|
|ii.||Junior Administrative Grade||15,600 –39,100INR||7,600 INR|
|iii.||Selection Grade||37,400 – Rs 67,000 INR||8,700 INR|
|3||Super Time Scale||37,400 – Rs 67,000 INR||10,000 INR|
|4||Above Super Time Scale – Above Super Time Scale divided into 3 major categories i.e.||——||——|
|i.||Super Super Time Scale||37,400 – Rs 67,000 INR||12,000 INR|
|ii.||Apex Pay Scale||80,000INR (fixed)||Nil|
|iii.||Cabinet Secretary||90,000INR (fixed)||Nil|
The current Dearness Allowance (DA) is 80% and if the essential pay is projected to 90% then the IFS Officer Grade Pay and Pay Band are listed below:
Junior Scale: The Pay Band income of the Junior Scale can vary from 15,600 to 39,100 and also the grade pay is 5400.
Senior Scale: The Senior Scale is split into 3 major classes that are listed below:
- Senior Time Scale: The Pay Band for senior continuance can vary around 15600 to 39100 and also the grade pay is 6600.
- Junior body Scale: The Income of IFS officer for Junior body Scale can vary around 15600 to 39100 and also the grade pay is around 7600.
- Selection Grade: The Pay Band for choice Grade Scale can vary around 37,400 to 67,000 and also the grade pay is around 8,700.
Super Time Scale:
The Super Time Scale Pay Band are going to be around 37,400 to 67,000 and also the grade pay is around 10,000. This Super continuance is once more divided into 3 major classes that are listed below:
- Super Time Scale: The Pay Band for the officers below this level is 37,400 to 67,000 and also the grade pay is around 12,000.
- Apex Pay Scale: The Pay Band is around 80,000 that is mounted and also the officers below this level don’t seem to be eligible for Grade Pay.
- Cabinet Secretary: The Pay Band is around 90,000 and no Grade Pay.
Other Benefits Of Being An IFS Officer
The income for IFS Officer is great and the bonuses and other benefits of being an IFS Officer are as under:
- 2 or 3 BHK Accommodation
- Security Guard & Household Helpers
- Medical Expenses
- Electricity & Water Bill
- Free Phone Call
- Abroad Study Options
- Pension & Retirement Benefits
So now we are finishing here as we have tell you the complete knowledge about IFS Salary what they earn and what benefits they enjoyed. You can also go through Difference between IAS vs IPS vs IFS salary So stay tuned with us for more information.