The Indian Civil Accounts Service Officer salary is amazing that is also accompanied by lots of benefits and perks that makes this job perfect. Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) is one in every of the ‘Group A’ services one will be part of when clearing the UPSC government officials examination. The service is headed by the Controller General of Accounts. The ICAS service was created in 1976 to produce accounting and auditing services to the govt. of India. It functions through the Indian Civil Accounts Organisation beneath the Ministry of Finance. Here we will be informing in detail about the Income that is earn by ICAS Officer and alot more about them. So let’s go through the more detail info about salary of ICAS Officer.
What is the Salary earn by Indian Civil Accounts Service officers?
The Indian Civil Accounts Service officer after completing training gets a Salary of Rs. 15,600-39,100 with grade pay of Rs. 5,400. The Salary of Indian Civil Accounts Service officers increases as they get promoted to higher post. Let’s see the Income earn by Indian Civil Accounts Service officer on different post mention below-
|Sl.No.||Name of Post/grade||Post||Pay Scale||Grade Pay|
|1||Junior Time Scale||Sub-divisional Magistrate/Sub-collector||Rs. 15,600-39,100||Rs.5,400|
|2||Senior Time Scale||District Magistrate/Collector/Joint Secretary of a govt. ministry||Rs. 15,600-39,100||Rs.6,600|
|3||Junior Administrative Grade||Special Secretary/Head of Govt. departments||Rs.67700 – Rs.78800||Rs 7,600|
|4||Selection Grade (Non-functional) Junior Administrative Grade (NFSG)||Secretary to a Minister||Rs.118500- Rs.144200||Rs. 8,700|
|5||Senior Administrative Grade||Principal Secretary of an important Govt. department||Rs.182200||Rs 10,000|
|6||Principal Chief Controller of Accounts||Varies||Rs.205400|
|7||Additional Controller General of Accounts||Chief Secretary of States/Union Secretaries in charge of various Central Govt. ministries||Rs.225000|
|8||Controller General of Accounts||Cabinet Secretary of India||Rs.250000|
Rank Wise Salary of ICAS Officer
Here we will let you about the Indian Civil Accounts Service Rank Wise Income of –
- After completing the training Indian Civil Accounts Service officer is posted as Sub-divisional Magistrate/Sub-collector at Junior Time scale where they get pay scale of Rs. 15,600-39,100 with grade pay of Rs. 5,400.
- The next level they serves at Senior Time Scale posted as District Magistrate/Collector/Joint Secretary of a govt. ministry where they earn Rs. 15,600-39,100 with grade pay of Rs.6,600.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service gets Rs.67700 – Rs.78800 with a grade pay of Rs 7,600 at Junior Administrative Grade where they get post as Special Secretary/Head of Govt. departments.
- After working as Special Secretary/Head of Govt. department for several years, they get promoted to the rank of Selection Grade (Non-functional) Junior Administrative Grade (NFSG) as they earn Rs.118500- Rs.144200 with grade pay of Rs. 8,700.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service gets Rs.182200 with a grade pay of Rs 10,000 at Senior Administrative Grade.
- The next level they serves as Principal Chief Controller of Accounts where they earn Rs.205400.
- Working for several years as Principal Chief Controller of Accounts, Indian Civil Accounts Service officer get promoted as Additional Controller General of Accounts and earns a salary of Rs.225000.
- The Final stage where Indian Civil Accounts Service officer get promoted as Controller General of Accounts with a salary of Rs.250000.
Training of Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS)
Selected candidates are offered training at varied places. Initially, candidates should be ar coaching for a amount of 10 months at National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Faridabad and National Academy of Direct Taxes (Nagpur). Later, the NIFM conjointly offers the candidates a post graduate certification publicly monetary management. Finally, they are sent to the Institute of Government Accounts and Finance (INGAF) from wherever the officers are given on-the-job coaching. Candidates are sent abroad for coaching.
What are the benefits and perks that is driven by Indian Civil Accounts Service officer?
Under this section, we will discuss about the benefits and perks that Indian Civil Accounts Service Officer given by the government. Here is a list of facilities of an ICAS officer:
- Residence: ICAS officers generally get huge houses as residences on very low or no rent. They also get the additional services like maid, guards etc.
- Transport: Indian Civil Accounts Service officer are allotted one or more vehicles with drivers for official purposes.
- Bills: They bill of electricity, water, gas and phone connections are generally paid by Government on behalf of ICAS Officer.
- Trips: ICAS officers enjoy subsidised accommodation in government guest houses or bungalows when on official or non-official trips.
- Study Leaves: ICAS officers can also go for study leaves if they are willing to go for higher study. The cost of such courses will be undertaken by the government on behalf of Indian Civil Accounts Service officer as well as there are some restrictions on this facility.
- Job Security: ICAS officers have enviable job security. It is not easy to fire an Indian Civil Accounts Service officer and the process requires extensive investigations and inquiries.
- Lifetime Pension: ICAS officers enjoy lifetime pension and other retirement benefits.
As you can see from the above, the salary and facilities of an Indian Civil Accounts Service officer are indeed attractive.
Final Words :-
The Indian Civil Accounts Service ICAS officer salary is attractive and they also enjoys lots of benefits and perks by serving on this post. If there is any question coming in your mind regarding Indian Civil Accounts Service officer Salary, post benefits and perks etc, you can ask in our comment section mentioned below. The promotion criteria of Indian Civil Accounts Service officer is interesting to know and it takes hard work qualify for being ICAS officer. Stay tuned with us for more detailed information.