The Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS) – Rank and Promotion that seems to be impressive for anyone who is going to join as IOFS officer. The Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS) could be a official dom of the govt of India. The officers of Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS) are Gazetted (Group A) defence-civilian officers below the Ministry of Defence. They’re to blame for the management of the Indian Ordnance Factories, give the defence production capabilities of India.
The Indian Ordnance Factories is that the oldest and largest industrial setup of family of forty one Ordnance Factories below the aegis of its company headquarters at Ordnance manufacturing plant Board (Kolkata). The organisation possesses the distinctive distinction of over two hundred years of expertise in defence production functioning below Department of Defence Production( Ministry of Defence). Besides, they’re additionally engaged in production, testing, logistics, research, development and promoting of a comprehensive product target the realm of land, ocean and air systems.
IOFS Officer Rank and Designation
There is a great deal of scope for promotion during for the IOFS Officer because the system is well structured with completely different grades and pay scale. Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS) not just offers you attractive Salary but you are also offered lots of benefits and perks also.
Below table provides data on Indian Ordnance Factories Service Rank & Designation, Promotion as well as pay scale of Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS) according to their posting-
|Sl.No.||Name of Post/grade||Rank||Designation in Headquarters||Grade Pay||Years of service required|
|1.||Junior Time Scale||Assistant Works Manager||Assistant Director||Rs. 5,400|
|2.||Senior Time Scale||Deputy General Manager||Deputy Director||Rs. 6,600||5 years|
|3.||Senior Time Scale (Non Functional)||Joint General Manage||Joint Director||Rs. 7,600||9 years|
|4.||Junior Administrative Grade (Functional)||Addl. GM / General Manager / Principal Director / Regional Director / Regional Controller of Safety||Director||Rs. 8,700||12 – 15 years|
|5.||Senior Administrative Grade||Senior General Manager / Senior Principal Director||Deputy Director General||Rs. 10,000||17 – 20 years|
|6.||Higher Administrative Grade||Nil||Senior Deputy Director General||—||Varies|
|7.||Higher Administrative Grade (+)||Nil||Addl. Director General & Member of the Board||—||Varies|
|8.||Apex Scale||Nil||Director General Ordnance Factories (DGOF) & Chairman of the Ordnance Factories Board||—||Varies|
Promotion of Indian Ordnance Factories Service Officer Eligibility
Indian Ordnance Factories Service Officer Promotion and Rank depends on many criteria which we are going to discuss below. IOFS Officer Salary is also quite impressive in this government organisation. Designations held by Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS) Officer during posting are as follows:
- After completing training Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS) Officer get recruited at Junior Time Scale as Assistant Director.
- After serving for 5 years at Junior Time Scale, officer is promoted to Senior Time Scale for the post of Deputy Director.
- The next post the Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS) get promoted to ran of Senior Time Scale (Non Functional) as Joint Director after serving for 9 years.
- Next level that comes after Senior Time Scale (Non Functional) after serving for 12-15 years, the Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS) Officer get Promotion at the rank of Junior Administrative Grade (Functional) as Director.
- After completing the service of 17-20 years, the Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS) Officer get promotion on the rank of Senior Administrative Grade where they get posted as Deputy Director General.
- Senior Deputy Director General is the next designation of IOFS Officer get promoted that varies on the performance.
- If the performance gets better, the IOFS Officer is promoted to the rank of Higher Administrative Grade (+) posted as Addl. Director General & Member of the Board that also varies on performance.
- Finally, after getting the completation at the post of Addl. Director General & Member of the Board, IOFS Officer get promotions as Director General Ordnance Factories (DGOF) & Chairman of the Ordnance Factories Board.
Roles and Responsibilities of an IOFS officer
The primary task of IOFS officer is to strengthen governance through excellence publicly monetary management. a number of the key duties of IOFS officer are:
- The chief functions of Indian Ordnance Factories Service officers at the ordnance factories embrace market research and development, production designing and management, internal control, project management, offer management, materials management, labour welfare, personnel management, industrial relations, management, industrial safety maintenance of residential estates, etc.
- These officers conjointly serve in social control positions in varied PSUs and SEZs.
- They conjointly function secretaries and advisors to Union cupboard ministers, Prime Minister and therefore the President of India.
- They can conjointly become scientists for the DRDO.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS) officers may be asked to serve the defense force as Commissioned Officers for a amount of 4 years.
Career Prospects in ICAS
Here we will be looking on career prospects of IOFS Officer –
- IOFS cadre officers serve in various departments from the assembly department to the administration department.
- Option for transfer to any public sector organisation or department.
- At higher roles, they conjointlyfunction advisors to ministers.
- IOFS Cadre officers conjointly get the chance of serving in Indian Embassies.
- IOFS cadre officers conjointly get opportunities for posting within the Ministry of External Affairs.
After telling whole thing about Indian Ordnance Factories Service Rank and Promotion, if there is anything that is coming in your mind you can ask in our comment section mention below. Hope to see you soon with new updates, so stay tuned with us.