The Indian Ordnance Factories Service Officer salary is superb that’s conjointly amid many edges and perks that creates this job good. Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS) is one in each of the ‘Group A’ services one will be half of when clearing the UPSC government officials examination. They’re accountable for the management of the Indian Ordnance Factories, offer the defence production capabilities of Asian nation.
The Indian Ordnance Factories is that the oldest and largest industrial setup of family of 41 Ordnance Factories below the aegis of its company headquarters at Ordnance manufactory Board (Kolkata). The organisation possesses the distinctive distinction of over 200 years of expertise in defence production functioning below Department of Defence Production( Ministry of Defence). Besides, they’re conjointly engaged in production, testing, logistics, research, development and selling of a comprehensive product target the realm of land, ocean and air systems.
Salary of Indian Ordnance Factories Service with Grade Pay
If you’re successful in qualifying for IOFS Exam, you’re going to be placed at Junior time scale at the Designation of Assistant Director with a initial pay of Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 39,100 with a grade pay of Rs. 5,400. Salary of Indian Ordnance Factories Service Officer get increased after every promotion and there is also increase in there allowances as well as benefits and perks.
|Grade||Designation in Headquarters||Grade Pay||Pay Scale||Salary|
|Junior Time Scale||Assistant Works Manager||Assistant Director||Rs. 5,400|| |
Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 39,100
|Rs. 21,000 – Rs. 44,500|
|Senior Time Scale||Deputy General Manager||Deputy Director||Rs. 6,600||Rs. 15,000 – Rs. 39,100||Rs. 21,600 – Rs. 45,700|
|Senior Time Scale (Non Functional)||Joint General Manager||Joint Director||Rs. 7,600||Rs. 15,000 – Rs. 39,100||Rs. 23,200 – Rs. Rs. 46,700|
|Junior Administrative Grade (Functional)||Addl. GM / General Manager / Principal Director / Regional Director / Regional Controller of Safety|| |
|Rs. 8,700||Rs. 37,400 – Rs. 67,000||Rs. 46,100 – Rs. 75,700|
|Senior Administrative Grade||Senior General Manager / Senior Principal Director|| |
Deputy Director General
|Rs. 10,000||Rs. 37,400 – Rs. 67,000||Rs. 47,400 – Rs. 77,000|
|Higher Administrative Grade|| Nil||Senior Deputy Director General||₹ 182200|
|Higher Administrative Grade (+)|| Nil||Addl. Director General & Member of the Board||₹ 205400|
|Apex Scale||Nil||Director General Ordnance Factories (DGOF) & Chairman of the Ordnance Factories Board||Rs. 225000|
Rank wise salary of Indian Ordnance Factories Service Officer
Here we will let you about the Indian Ordnance Factories Service Rank Wise Income of all Designation –
- After completing the training, Indian Ordnance Factories Service is posted as Assistant Director where they get pay scale of Rs. 15,600-39,100 with grade pay of Rs. 5,400.
- The next level they serves at Deputy Director where they earn Rs. 15,600-39,100 with grade pay of Rs.6,600.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service gets Rs. 15,600-39,100 with a grade pay of Rs 7,600 at Joint Director where they get post as Joint General Manager.
- After working as Joint General Manager for several years, they get promoted to the rank of Addl. GM / General Manager / Principal Director / Regional Director / Regional Controller of Safety as they earn Rs. 37,400-67,000 with grade pay of Rs. 8,700.
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service gets Rs. 37,400-67,000 with a grade pay of Rs 10,000 at Senior Administrative Grade.
- The next level they serves as Senior Deputy Director General where they earn ₹ 182200.
- Working for several years as Senior Deputy Director General, Indian Ordnance Factories Service officer get promoted as Addl. Director General & Member of the Board and earns a salary of ₹ 205400.
- The Final stage where Indian Ordnance Factories Service officer get promoted as Director General Ordnance Factories (DGOF) & Chairman of the Ordnance Factories Board with a salary of Rs. 225000 (fixed).
About Indian Ordnance Factories Service Officer Training
After competing the exams, the selected candidates goes for training at National Academy of Defence Production (NADP), Nagpur in areas of technology, management, public administration as induction and re-orientation courses. There is also, an induction training programme of 64 weeks for probationary, which comprises technical, managerial and administrative modules of theoretical, practical and field nature. Many of the classes are held at specialized educational institutions across India.
The most interesting part of training comes here as after completion, the candidates are sent on Bharat Darshan (Tour of India), which incorporates visits to the nuclear, defence, space, industrial and other technical installations of India.
So as to know the nuances of bureaucracy, they’re familiarised with the functioning of district, state, national and international bodies, including the Parliament of India. Later, they’re sent or on-the-job training to varied Ordnance Factories and are expected to use the knowledge and knowledge gained. Examinations are held at the top of the training. The training concludes with interactions with the Members of Parliament, Ministers in-charge of the house, Foreign and Defence ministries, Prime Minister, Vice-President and therefore the President of India.
Benefits and Perks of IOFS Officer
As we have tell you that an Indian Ordnance Factories Service officer gets impressive salary, they also get lots of benefits and perks also. Here we are going to go through the benefits and perks of IOFS Officer.
- Residential Facilities: Some recent factories that were engineered throughout British governance have gotten residential colonies with sprawling bungalows, a number of that area unit higher than the bungalows of IAS officers even.
- Canteen Stores Department (CSD) Facilities: From dentifrice to bag, just about everything that you just may have for living your life is bought from the CSD canteens of those factories on extremely sponsored rates.
- Deputation Facilities: Since IOFS could be a participant of Central Staffing theme (CSS), its officers will move to any agency, organization, establishment or perhaps ministry on deputation basis. they’ll opt for the post or organization of their selection reckoning on their instructional qualifications or interests.
- Medical Facilities: OFB operates its own dispensaries and hospitals across India wherever its officers or their relations will have their health examinations freed from price.For some reason if any medication or medical facility isn’t obtainable at the OFB hospital then officers will get that facility from any personal hospital and its price are going to be borne by the govt. These medical facilities stay obtainable to officers even once their retirement below CGHS theme.
- Education Facilities: Government provides every manufacturing plant a regional medium faculty, a preschool English medium faculty and a Kendriya Vidyalaya. Therefore, IOFS officers will simply give quality education to their kids.
- Travel Facilities: Officers will travel either via Railways 1st-class mail or Economy category flights whenever they have to. Lodging facility is additionally provided at review homes or Guest homes of OFB, and if it’s not obtainable in any town then officers will occupy the other Government transit facility or edifice (up to 5-star hotels) whose bill is reimbursed. Moreover, a Leave Travel Concession (LTC) is additionally provided to officers once each few years that they’ll use to travel with their families on all-expenses-paid visits to any location in India.
The Indian Ordnance Factories Service (IOFS) officer salary is attractive and they also enjoys lots of benefits and perks by serving on this post. If there is any question coming in your mind regarding Indian Ordnance Factories Service Salary, post benefits and perks etc, you can ask in our comment section mentioned below. The promotion criteria of Indian Ordnance Factories Service is interesting to know and it takes hard work qualify for being IOFS officer. Stay tuned with us for more detailed information.