The Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS) could be a cluster ‘A’ officialdom with attractive salary packages. The IRAS officers are primarily liable for managing and maintaining the accounts and finances of the Indian Railways. Earlier, finances of Indian railway were at first overseen by the railway branch of the general public Works Department that was headed by the bourgeois General, construction Department. Later, on the recommendations of the Acworth Committee, a monetary Commissioner for Railways was appointed. however later railway finances were separated from the final finances of the GOI. This method of separation was finished in 1929. This was the start of the IRAS cadre.
IRAS Officer Salary as Per Designation
The salaries of the IRAS officers rely on the ranks they’re holding within the Central also as regime departments. Nowadays the salaries of IRAS officer are given as per the present 7th pay commission. The starting salary of Indian Railway Accounts Service Officer is between Rs. 15,600-39,100 with a grade pay of Rs.5,400 posted as Assistant divisional accounts officer. They enjoy other benefits and payments also, for now let’s see the rank wise income of IRAS Officer-
|Designation in Ministries
|Designation on Railways
|Junior Time Scale
|Assistant divisional accounts officer
|Assistant Financial Advisor/ Assistant Divisional Financial Manager/ Assistant Workshop Accounts Officer/ Assistant Financial Advisor (Traffic)/ Assistant Electronic Data Processing Manager
|Senior Time Scale
|Deputy Director in GOI
|Senior Assistant Financial Advisor/ Divisional Financial Manager/ Workshop Accounts Officer/ Senior Assistant Financial Advisor/ Electronic Data Processing Manager/ Senior System Analyst/ Deputy Director (Railway Board)
|Junior Administrative Grade
|Deputy Secretary in GOI
|Deputy Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer/ Senior Electronic Data Processing Manager/ Joint Director (Railway Board)
|Director in GOI
|Deputy Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer/ Director (Railway Board)
|Senior Administrative Grade
|Joint Secretary to GOI/ Secretary in State Government
|Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer/ Executive Director(Railway Board)
|Higher Administrative Grade
|Additional Secretary in GOI/ Principal Secretary in State Government
|Principal Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer/ Advisor (Railway Board)
|Higher Administrative Grade +
|Special Secretary to GOI/ Chief Secretary
|General Manager/ Director General/ Additional Member (Railway Board)
Rank wise salary of Indian Railway Accounts Service Officer
Here we will let you about the Indian Railway Accounts Service Rank Wise Income of all Designation –
- After completing the training, Indian Railway Accounts Service is posted as Assistant Divisional Accounts service where they get pay scale of Rs. 15,600-39,100 with grade pay of Rs. 5,400.
- The next level they serves at Deputy Director in GOI where they earn Rs. 15,600-39,100 with grade pay of Rs.6,600.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service gets Rs. 15,600-39,100 with a grade pay of Rs 7,600 at Junior Administrative Grade where they get post as Deputy Secretary in GOI.
- After working as Deputy Secretary in GOI for several years, they get promoted to the rank of Director in GOI as they earn Rs. 37,400-67,000 with grade pay of Rs. 8,700.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service gets Rs.37,400-67,000 with a grade pay of Rs 10,000 at Senior Administrative Grade.
- The next level they serves as Additional Secretary in GOI/ Principal Secretary in State Government where they earn Rs.37,400-67,000.
- Working for several years as Additional Secretary in GOI/ Principal Secretary in State Government, Indian Railway Accounts Service officer get promoted as Special Secretary to GOI/ Chief Secretary and earns a salary of Rs.75,500-80,000.
- The Final stage where Indian Railway Accounts Service officer get promoted as Financial Commissioner & Secretary of the with a salary of Rs. 80,000 (fixed).
Training of Indian Railway Accounts Service Officer
Selected candidates are sent to coaching for a amount of ninety weeks. Initially, they’re trained at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy for Administration (LBSNAA), Mussoorie. Later, they’re trained in different institutes just like the National Academy of Indian Railways (NAIR), Vadodara, National Academy for Direct Taxes (NADT), Nagpur, National Institute of monetary Management (NIFM), Faridabad. A 12-week government general management programme has additionally been started in association with the Indian Institute of Management (Calcutta) for the IRAS probationers. Candidates are offered thorough lessons in numerous departments like operations management, marketing, economics, human resource management, public policy, management info systems, activity sciences, finance and accounting, ethics and strategic management. The IRAS probationers additionally needed to attend Associate in Nursing eight-week Management Development Programme at Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon. IRAS officers are sent on deputation to numerous PSUs to carry finance portfolios.
Roles and Responsibility of IRAS Officer
As you know that the Indian Railway Accounts Service officer post offers you attractive earning, there roles and responsibility also get important to know. Let’s move forward to know the roles and responsibity.
- Maintaining accounts of the Indian Railways.
- Giving monetary recommendation to the chief in matters associated with railways.
- Scrutinising all investment and expenditure proposals of the varied departments in railways.
- Preparation of the budget.
- Carrying out periodical monetary reviews.
- Engaging in fundraising and funds management.
- Maintaining accounts and clerking for railways.
- Conducting stock internal control.
- Settling claims and convalescent dues.
- Management accounting.
- IRAS officers also are sent on deputation to varied PSUs to carry finance portfolios.
Benefits and perks of Indian Railway Accounts Service officer
As you know the salary earn by Indian Railway Accounts Service officer is great, you must be willing to know what benefits they enjoy. Let’s have a look on Benefits and Perks of Indian Railway Accounts Service Officer apart from there income-
- The IRAS Officer get good housing from central govt. and they might also get bungalows to stay with family.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service Officer also get government vehicles along with TA.
- The officer with higher ranks also get chauffeurs for the vehicles they have been provided.
- The other allowances offered to IRAS Officer are DA and CCA.
- IRAS officer is that one can work independently without any political interference.
Hope you have got all related details about IRAS Officer Salary, grade pay and rank they serve. We will see you soon till that stay tuned with us for more interesting updates.