There are so many candidates who want to know the “ITS aka Indian Trade Officer Promotion and Ranks” while there duty. The job of an ITS Officer gives you a great opportunity in life. ITS officer gets Promotion and Ranks according to there work and experience they earn during the span of time while working. During training Period an ITS Candidates are entitled to get Rs.15,600-39100 per month amount. The Indian Trade Service (ITS) could be a cluster ‘A’ central service that prospective will candidates can get into on clearing the UPSC civil services examination. ITS service was started in 1977. Board of directors General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) handles the Indian Trade Service (ITS). board of directors General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) comes beneath the Ministry of Commerce and trade.
Indian Trade Service Rank and Designation
Indian Trade Service (ITS) earns a impressive income that makes this job very fruitful and amazing. There is a great deal of scope for Indian Trade Service officer promotion that varies on the basis of serving and work performance.
Below table provides data on ITS Officer Rank & Designation, Promotion of Indian Trade Service Officer according to their posting :-
|Junior Time Scale||Assistant Director General of Foreign Trade||Rs.5400||Probation, training and posting at field offices (RAs) of DGFT, Department of commerce||Initial|
|Senior Time Scale||Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade||Rs.6600||Field postings at DGFT field offices, implementing foreign trade policy of India, Export promotion activities, providing policy inputs for policy making in the area of international trade, Interacting with state governments, export promotion bodies, running training programs. At department of commerce, acting as part of negotiation team at international level, as investigating officer for anti-dumping investigations and at various divisions of department of commerce.||4th year to 9th year|
|Junior Administrative Grade||Joint Director General of Foreign Trade||Rs.7600||Field postings at DGFT field offices, implementing foreign trade policy of India, Export promotion activities, providing policy inputs for policy making in the area of international trade, Interacting with state governments, export promotion bodies, running training programs. At department of commerce, acting as key players in negotiation teams, as investigating officer for anti-dumping investigations and at various divisions of department of commerce. Part of policy making if posted at DGFT headquarters.||9th year to 14th year|
|Selection Grade||Jt. Director General of Foreign Trade – Director scale||Rs.8700||Providing inputs for policy making at department of commerce and DGFT. Heading various field offices of DGFT. Handling responsibilities at various multilateral and international organizations. Part of key negotiation teams at international forums in the matter of trade.||14 year onwards|
|Senior Administrative Grade||Addl Director General of Foreign Trade (JS level)||Rs.5400||Policy makers in the area of international trade. Heads of Zones. Development commissioners at various special economic zones etc.||19th year onwards|
|Higher Administrative Grade||Director-General of Foreign Trade/ Senior Development Commissioner, Special Economic Zone||Annual increment @ 3%||22th year onwards|
Promotion of Indian Trade Service
Promotion of an ITS Officer depends on many criteria which we are going to discuss below to clarify you. With every promotion, the Indian Trade Service (ITS) Officer salary also increases. Have a look at ITS Officer promotion during posting are as follows:
- After completing training, Indian Trade Service (ITS) Officer get recruited at Junior Time Scale as Assistant Director General of Foreign Trade.
- After serving for 4 years at Junior Time Scale, officer is promoted to Deputy Director General of Foreign Trade at Senior Time Scale.
- The next post the Indian Trade Service (ITS) get promoted to is Joint Director General of Foreign Trade at Junior Administrative grade after serving for 9 years.
- Next level that comes after Junior administrative grade is JAG after serving for 9th year to 14th year, the Indian Trade Service (ITS) Officer get Promotion at the rank of Jt. Director General of Foreign Trade – Director scale.
- After completing the service of 14 years, the Indian Trade Service (ITS) Officer get promotion on the rank of Addl Director General of Foreign Trade (JS level).
- Finally, after getting the completion at the post of Additional Controller General of Accounts, ITS Officer get promotions as Director-General of Foreign Trade/ Senior Development Commissioner, Special Economic Zone.
Roles and Responsibilities of an ITS officer
The important role of ITS officers can be divided into five parts:
- Policy formulation in the area of International trade
- Trade Policy implementation
- Export promotion through various initiatives
- International trade negotiations and commercial diplomacy
- Miscellaneous and allied responsibilities
Career Prospect of ITS Officer
Apart from the good salary and Promotion of Indian Trade Service officer, they also have a great career prospects as an ITS Officer. Here we will be looking on career prospects of ITS Officer –
- ITS officer get posted under Ministry of Trade and Commerce, the ITS cadre officers begin with the role of Under Secretary, later they get promoted to Deputy, Joint and Additional Secretary Levels.
- ITS cadre officers additionally get the chance to serve on deputation with foreign missions, WTO and UN.
- Indian Trade Service (ITS) cadre officers get the chance to serve at Confederation of Indian Industries (CII), Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FICCI).
As in this post we have decided to tell you about the Indian Trade Service officer Promotion and Ranks as well as their working career. If there is any question coming in your mind you can ask in our comment section mentioned below. So stay connected with us for more detail.