Here in this post we will be telling you about Rank and Promotion of IRAS aka Indian Railway Accounts Service officer. The Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS) is a Civil Service or competitive test in India, conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The test is control for the accomplishment of Indian Railway Accounts Service in India. The IRAS officer may be a cluster ‘A’ Central Service of the govt of India. The officers of this service square measure to blame for the Accounts and Finance Management of the Indian Railways. The accomplishment to the cadre is completed through the Civil Services Examination that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission of India once a year.
Indian Railway Accounts Service Officer Rank and Promotion
There is a great deal of scope for promotion of IRAS officer as they get higher Rank as the cadre because the system is well structured with completely different Rank and pay scale. Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS) Officer not just offers you attractive Salary but you are also offered lots of benefits and perks also.
Below table provides data on Rank & Designation, as well as Indian Railway Accounts Service officer promotion according to their posting-
|Grade||Designation in Ministries||Designation on Railways||Grade Pay|
|Junior Time Scale||Assistant divisional accounts officer||Assistant Financial Advisor/ Assistant Divisional Financial Manager/ Assistant Workshop Accounts Officer/ Assistant Financial Advisor (Traffic)/ Assistant Electronic Data Processing Manager||Rs.5400|
|Senior Time Scale||Deputy Director in GOI||Senior Assistant Financial Advisor/ Divisional Financial Manager/ Workshop Accounts Officer/ Senior Assistant Financial Advisor/ Electronic Data Processing Manager/ Senior System Analyst/ Deputy Director (Railway Board)||Rs.6600|
|Junior Administrative Grade||Deputy Secretary in GOI||Deputy Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer/ Senior Electronic Data Processing Manager/ Joint Director (Railway Board)||Rs.7600|
|Selection Grade||Director in GOI||Deputy Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer/ Director (Railway Board)||Rs.8700|
|Senior Administrative Grade||Joint Secretary to GOI/ Secretary in State Government||Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer/ Executive Director(Railway Board)||Rs.10,000|
|Higher Administrative Grade||Additional Secretary in GOI/ Principal Secretary in State Government||Principal Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer/ Advisor (Railway Board)||Rs.12,000|
|Higher Administrative Grade +||Special Secretary to GOI/ Chief Secretary||General Manager/ Director General/ Additional Member (Railway Board)|
IRAS Officer Promotion Criteria
As you know the Salary of Indian Railway Accounts Service officer is splendid, it gets more impressive after every promotion. Designations held by IRAS officers during field posting are as follows:
- After completing training, IRAS officer get promotion to the rank of Junior Time Scale as Assistant divisional accounts officer.
- After that at Senior time scale, officer is designated as Deputy Director in GOI.
- The next post the Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS) get promoted to is Deputy Secretary in GOI at Junior administrative grade.
- Next level that comes after Junior administrative grade is JAG (NFSG), and there Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS) get Promotion as Director in GOI.
- Joint Secretary to GOI/ Secretary in State Government is the next designation of Indian Railway Accounts Service Officer Officer get promoted that varies on the performance.
- If the performance gets better, the Indian Railway Accounts Service Officer promotion to the rank of Additional Secretary in GOI/ Principal Secretary in State Government that also varies on performance.
- Higher Administrative Grade + is the second last time scale where Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS) get promotion as Special Secretary to GOI/ Chief Secretary.
- Finally, after getting the completation at the post of Special Secretary to GOI/ Chief Secretary, Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS) get promotions as Secretary.
Roles and Responsibilities of an IRAS officer
The primary roles duty of an IRAS officer is concerning handling the Accounts and Finance department and giving money recommendation to the manager. A number of the opposite duties include:
- Managing and maintenance of accounts of the Indian Railways.
- Coordinating and scrutinizing all investment and expenditure proposals
- Preparation and allocation of the budget.
- Conducting periodical money reviews.
- Engaging in fund raising and funds management.
- Maintaining accounts and book keeping for railways.
- Review stocks and internal control.
- Recovering and settlement of claims and dues.
What are the eligibility conditions ?
The enlisting and coaching of IRAS are brought in success by 2 modes, one by regular Civil Service Exam by the UPSC commission annually. The second is by promoting the cluster ‘B’ officers of Accounts Department already denote in zonal railways to IRAS. The 1/2 the entire numbers of IRAS officers are hand-picked by direct enlisting and rest by promoting the cluster ‘B’ officers.
Training of Indian Railway Accounts Service Officer
Those Aspirants who have qualified the examination are eligible for training. Training of Selected candidates are sent to coaching for a amount of 90 weeks. Initially, they’re trained at the Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy for Administration (LBSNAA), Mussoorie. Later, they’re trained in alternative institutes just like the National Academy of Indian Railways (NAIR), Vadodara, National Academy for Direct Taxes (NADT), Nagpur, National Institute of monetary Management (NIFM), Faridabad.
A 12-week government general management programme has conjointly been started in association with the Indian Institute of Management (Calcutta) for the IRAS probationers. Candidates also are offered thorough lessons in varied departments like operations management, marketing, economics, human resource management, public policy, management info systems, behavioral sciences, finance and accounting, ethics and strategic management. The IRAS probationers conjointly needed to attend Associate in Nursing eight-week Management Development Programme at Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon. IRAS officers also are sent on deputation to varied PSUs to carry finance portfolios.
After telling whole thing about IRAS Officer Rank and Promotion, if there is anything that is coming in your mind you can ask in our comment section mention below. Hope to see you soon with new updates, so stay tuned with us.