The Indian Revenue Service Officer aka “IRS” salary is amazing that is also accompanied by lots of benefits and perks that makes this job perfect. “The Internal Revenue Service or Indian Revenue Service is the revenue wing of the Indian Government. The Internal Revenue Service is comprised of 2 main divisions that perform revenue services on behalf of the govt. of India-the CBEC (Central Board of Excise and Customs) and CBDT (Central Board of Direct Taxes). This text talks additional regarding the remuneration in IRS”.
Indian Revenue Service Officer salary
The salaries of the IRS officers rely on the ranks they’re holding within the Central also as regime departments. Nowadays the salaries of IRS officer are given as per the present 7th pay commission. The starting salary of IRS Officer is between Rs. 15,600-39,100 with a grade pay of Rs.5,400 posted as Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax. They enjoy other benefits and payments also, for now let’s see the rank wise income of IRS Officer-
|SI.No||Rank||Pay Band||Grade Pay|
|1||Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 15,600-39,100||Grade pay of Rs.5,400|
|2||Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 15,600-39,100||Grade Pay of Rs. 6,600|
|3||Joint Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 15,600-39,100||Grade Pay of Rs. 7,600|
|4||Additional Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 37,400-67,000||Grade Pay of Rs. 8,700|
|5||Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 37,400-67,000||Grade Pay of Rs. 10,000|
|6||Principal Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 75,500-80,000|
|7||Chief Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 75,500-80,000|
|8||Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax||Rs. 80,000 (fixed)|
Rank wise salary of IRS Officer
Here we will let you about the Indian Revenue Service Rank Wise Income of-
- After completing the training, Indian Revenue Service officer is posted as Assistant Commissioner of Income Tax where they get pay scale of Rs. 15,600-39,100 with grade pay of Rs. 5,400.
- The next level they serves at Deputy Commissioner of Income Tax where they earn Rs. 15,600-39,100 with grade pay of Rs.6,600.
- Indian Revenue Service gets Rs. 15,600-39,100 with a grade pay of Rs 7,600 at Joint Commissioner of Income Tax where they get post as Special Secretary/Head of Govt. departments.
- After working as Joint Commissioner of Income Tax for several years, they get promoted to the rank of Additional Commissioner of Income Tax as they earn Rs. 37,400-67,000 with grade pay of Rs. 8,700.
- Indian Civil Accounts Service gets Rs. 37,400-67,000 with a grade pay of Rs 10,000 at Senior Administrative Grade.
- The next level they serves as Principal Commissioner of Income Tax where they earn Rs. 75,500-80,000.
- Working for several years as Principal Commissioner of Income Tax, Indian Revenue Service officer get promoted as Chief Commissioner of Income Tax and earns a salary of Rs. 75,500-80,000.
- The Final stage where Indian Revenue Service officer get promoted as Principal Chief Commissioner of Income Tax with a salary of Rs. 80,000 (fixed).
About IRS Officer Training
IRS is classified as a ‘Group A’ Central official dom along side different vital civil services groupings like Indian body Service, Indian Police Service, and Indian agency and then on. Contemporary recruitments for various positions in federal agency area unit done via the civil services examinations conducted by UPSC. With the exception of direct recruitments, picks for higher stratified positions area unit dead through promotions.
It takes many years to induce promoted from one position to consequent at each stage. Ideally, one joins as associate degree assistant commissioner associate degree retires as an govt member or chairman of CBDT or CBEC. When qualifying within the relevant examination, a specific candidate needs to be arcoaching in 2 integrated phases. within the initial stage, coaching is provided at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration in Mussoorie that lasts for three months. This coaching is common for all candidates elite for each the federal agency streams.
Thereafter, the candidates who have qualified for CBEC positions need to be skilled coaching at National Institute of economic Management (Faridabad) for a amount of fifteen months. The CBDT candidates area unittidy at National Academy of Direct Taxes at Nagpur. The candidate can need to clear a check when completion of coaching. To boot, the recruits can need to pass the individual division examinations throughout their tentative amount.
The conscripts receive a regular payment throughout the coaching part. When they complete one year of employment, they receive a basic pay of 8275 office. When passing their initial division test, their salaries area unit raised by associate degree quantity of 275 office to 8550 office. Consequent increment happens when their appointment is confirmed that is sometimes done when they complete three years in commission.
Pay grade of IRS Officer
At present, the pay grades of the office officers deputed in several departments of tax, Customs and Excise are given as per the recommendations of the present sixth pay commission. The pay grades were revised when the new begin of the sixth pay commission within the year of 2006. After the revision of 6th pay commission Indian Revenue Service Officer salary increased with more benefits and perks. The grade pay is given to the office officers additionally to their are basic wage every month. Grade pay plays a awfully vital role in determinative cyber web wage of the office officers. The minimum grade pay given to the office officers is Rs. 1,400. Whereas the utmost grade get office officers in India is Rs. 10,000.
Benefits and Perks of Indian Revenue Service Officer
As you know the salary earn by Indian Revenue Service officer is great, you must be willing to know what benefits they enjoy. Let’s have a look on Benefits and Perks of Indian Revenue Service Officer apart from there salary-
- The IRS Officer get good housing from central govt. and they might also get bungalows to stay with family.
- Indian Revenue Service Officer also get government vehicles along with TA.
- The officer with higher ranks also get chauffeurs for the vehicles they have been provided.
- The other allowances offered to IRS Officer are DA and CCA.
- IRS officer is that one can work independently without any political interference.
Hope you have got all related details about IRS Officer Salary, grade pay and rank they serve. We will see you soon till that stay tuned with us for more interesting updates.