All the candidates who are appearing or want to appear for IBPS Bank SO Exam are curious to know “Promotion Criteria for IBPS SO”? It is the most frequently asked question by candidates who are preparing or going to be join as IBPS SO. The exam of SO is conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection aka IBPS for different post every year.
Do you know the full form of SO? It is Specialist Officer. Never the less, job in Banking sector is the most proudable and safest job a candidate can have. The Good news for all candidates is that after implementation of 7th pay commission there is enormous hike in Income of the IBPS Specialist Officer as well as they get promoted to higher level on the basis of there work or experience. The IBPS SO is specialist Officer job post that is most famous among youth for attractive Income and career options that most of the candidates opt for it.
IBPS SO Ranks along with Promotions and Pay Scale
IBPS SO Salary is decent including other benefits and perks that is amazing and a great career opportunity. So Now we will tell you here more about the IBPS SO ranks and Experience over the year they required for their Promotions. The entire rank of IBPS SO is divided into 8 Grades or Ranks-
|Scale||Promotion Channel||Minimum Experience||Maximum Relaxation in terms of Years||Minimum Length of Service|
|JMG Scale – I to MMG Scale -II||Normal / Seniority||5||1||NA|
|JMG Scale – I to MMG Scale -II||Merit/Fast Track||3||1||NA|
|MMG Scale – II to MMG Scale – III||Normal / Seniority||5||1||NA|
|MMG Scale – II to MMG Scale – III||Merit/Fast Track||3||1||NA|
|MMG Scale – III to SMG – IV||Merit / Fast Track||3||1||NA|
|SMG Scale – IV to SMG – V||Merit / Fast Track||3||1||12|
|Scale – V to Scale – VI||Merit / Fast Track||3||1||15|
|Scale – VI to Scale – VII||Merit / Fast Track||3||1||18|
IBPS SO Promotion Criteria
Promotion of an IBPS Specialist Officer depends on many criteria which we are going to discuss below to clarify you. With every promotion, the salary of IBPS SO also increases. Specialist Officers Promotion Policy in PSU’S is intended on an equivalent lines as that of Generalist Officers. For every promotion the IBPS SO needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria for the promotion of IBPS SO. Below you will get the more detailed info-
- Specialist Officers in PSU Banks have to be compelled to complete at least five years of minimum obligatory service within the specialised cadre to be eligible to hitch main stream cadre.
- After getting promoted to the mainstream cadre, they have to gain 2 years of expertise in field operations to be eligible for promotion.
- The Specialist Bank Officers are exempted for minimum obligatory service of two years in rural areas.
- Once they complete the same conditions, specialist officers are allowed to hitch the most stream cadre and are eligible for promotions per the eligibility and knowledge mentioned within the table mentioned above.
If any specialist officer joins Public Sector Bank on a scale more than JMG Scale I, the minimum eligibility of service demand would apply as per the table higher than. as an example, if an official enters at Scale II, the minimum length of service for promotion from Scale IV to Scale V are 9 years rather than 12 years.
Roles and Responsibilities of an IBPS SO
The IBPS SO is a reputed post, here they have a great career, salary, promotion that makes it a great job post for anyone. Most importantly joining as an IBPS SO makes your job secure that we all look up to. Before joining or starting preparing for any job you should be aware of its rolles and responsibility. Below table will give you detail info about Roles and Responsibilities of an IBPS SO-
|S.No||Post Offered||Job Profile|
|1||Agriculture Field Officer||1) The IBPS SO as agriculture Field Officers works for Promoting rural banking.|
2) Understand the core and financial needs of people in rural areas.
3) IBPS SO works for Developing relations with RRBs, NABARD, and other organizations and take important leads.
4) Looking after loan related issues.
|2||IT Officer||1) Looking after technical issues of the banking system.|
2) Taking care of the core banking system.
3) Maintaining the software used for various banking operations.
4) Look after the security systems of websites to prevent cyber crimes.
|3||Rajbhasha Adhikari||1) Checking important documents in respective languages used in the banking system|
2) language-related workshops conduction
3) Promote and train employees in the local language
|4||Law Officer||1) Taking care of legal affairs of the bank|
2) Represent the bank in court to deal with legal proceedings
3) Monitor errors and authenticity of documents as per banking regulation
|5||HR/Personnel Officer||1) Facilitate the joining ad induction process of the employees |
2) Maintenance of employee database
3) Performance and evaluation of employees
4) Designing welfare schemes, promotion, and compensation of all employees
|6||Marketing Officer||1) Developing marketing and promotional activities for different zones |
2) Business development strategy analysis
3) Promotion of the bank, increase customers and bring new business deals
Brief Description about IBPS SO
The IBPS aka Institute of Banking Personnel Selection every year releases the vacancy for Specialist Officer post. IBPS SO (Specialist Officer) have a great career opportunity as well as they get promotion on the basis of there work or there experience. Here in this post we have discuss the detailed information about IBPS Specialist Officer promotion, job profile etc. If there is any question coming in your mind you can ask in our comment section mentioned below. Stay tuned with us for more detailed Info.