Aren’t you curious to know about the UPTET Teacher Salary in Primary, Upper Primary and secondary class teachers in UP? There are lakhs of candidates who appears for the exam of UP STET and several got chance to get selected. For successfully getting selected as an UP STET Teacher, candidates must have to pass UPTET exam according to minimum eligibility criteria. Earlier UPTET registration process has been started from 18th May 2021 while the exam is scheduled on 25th July 2021. There are so many reason for becoming teacher in UP government schools as after clearing UP STET the candidates get handsome salary with lot of benefits and perks. Most Importantly the job of UP STET Teacher is secured. This is opportunity for lakhs of candidates to secure there job under UP Government and live a secured life.
Do you know the full form of UPTET ? UPTET is known as Uttar Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test that is a state level exam in UP for selecting candidates for the job of primary (Classes 1 to 5) and Upper Primary (Classes 6 to 8 ) level classes of government schools in UP. If you want to become a teacher then this is the best opportunity you are getting that can take your teaching career to great highs. Let’s checkout in more detail.
What is the salary of UPTET ?
After the implementation of 7th Pay commission the UPTET Teacher salary is increased with much more benefits and perks. What is the Income of UPTET Teacher ? The basic pay band for the teachers of Secondary and Higher Secondary remains between Rs.5200 – 20200/-. As compared between primary, secondary and higher secondary teachers posting, the grade pay and basic pay of Primary Teacher (Class 1-6) remains between Rs. 9300-35400 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4200/-, Secondary teachers (Class 9-10) remains Rs. 9300-44900 with Grade Pay of Rs. 4600/- whereas grade pay is higher for the higher secondary teachers (Class 11-12) remains Rs. 4800/- with basic pay of Rs. 9300-47600/-. The in-hand salary differs from the location of the school i.e. rural and urban and the only difference comes in the house-rent allowance
In-hand salary of UPTET Teacher
Below Table Will give you brief detail about UPTET Teacher Pay scale after the implementation of 7th pay commission. Have a look :-
|UPTET Primary teachers||UPTET Upper Primary Teachers||UPTET Secondary teachers|
|DA||6018 or 17%||7633 or 17%||8092 or 17%|
UPTET Salary for Primary teachers (Class 1-6)
- The basic pay for the UP Primary teachers remains Rs. 35400.
- The Primary teachers teaching the students of class 1-6th will be getting the HRA of Rs.1350/- and DA of Rs.6018/-.
- Right Now In-hand salary for the UP Primary School teachers will be approx Rs. 42,700/-.
UPTET Salary for Upper Primary teachers or TGT Teachers (Class 7-10)
- The basic pay for the UP Upper Primary teachers or TGT Teachers remains Rs. 44900.
- The Upper Primary teachers or TGT Teachers teaching the students of class 7-10th will be getting the HRA of Rs.1840/- and DA of Rs.7633/-.
- Right now In-hand salary for the UP Upper Primary teachers or TGT Teachers will be approx Rs. 54,300/-.
UPTET Salary for Senior Secondary teachers or PGT Teachers (Class 11-12)
- The basic pay for the UP Senior Secondary teachers or PGT Teachers remains Rs. 47600/-.
- The Senior Secondary teachers or PGT Teachers teaching the students of class 11-12th will be getting the HRA of Rs.1870/- and DA of Rs.8092/-.
- Right Now In-hand salary for the UP Senior Secondary teachers or PGT Teachers will be approx Rs. 52,500/-.
Deductions in the PayScale
Along with other increments, every month from the salary, there are GIS and TDS deductions. Monthly INR 500 to 1000 for Tax is deducted at source, and an amount of INR 87 is deducted for the insurance scheme.
For the new joining teachers, there is no deduction for TDS. It starts after a particular time of completion of their services. Therefore, after deduction of TDS, a primary teacher can calculate his/her salary as-
Salary + DA + HRA – GIS – TDS= INR 41000 (approx) per month.
UPTET Teacher Job Profile
UPTET Teacher teaches at 2 level in schools i.e. 1st lever for the primary (Classes 1 to 5) and 2nd level for Upper primary (Classes 6 to 8 ) level classes of government schools in UP. Every teacher must be responsible for many factors. Some of the elements have given below:
|1||To focus and educate students on the entire syllabus and also follow the guidelines provided by National Curriculum Framework.|
|2||Work on the lesson plans of the chapters and plan and organize extra curricular activities in the school.|
|3||Make the students aware of the complete information of the syllabus, structure and their curriculum.|
|4||They need to attend the teachers meeting regularly and also the training which will be provided by UP Education Board.|
|5||Assignment, project work, team teaching and remedial teaching should be planned by teacher|
|6||Assignment, project work, team teaching and remedial teaching should be planned by teacher|
|7.||They also need to work over the weak part of the students so that they can build better in life.|
|8.||Developing student interest in art, craft, games, library etc.|
UPTET Teacher Growth in Detail
After successfully clearing the exam of UPTET, the candidates are appointed on there post in different districts of Uttar Pradesh. The salary of UPTET teacher may vary to different districts also. There is great opportunity for UPTET to get promoted to higher post after the fullfillment of criteria set by Uttar Pradesh Govt. Below we have mentioned about the post that how UPTET Teacher Promoted after some years. Have a detail look now –
- Headmaster in primary school: Now it comes to the promotion, so after putting complete efforts to the school, you become headmaster in the primary school. It is a crucial post that gets handled by a responsible and wise person.
- A senior teacher in upper primary school: After the headmaster, you become a senior teacher in the Upper primary school. The Upper primary teacher needs a high level of knowledge for teaching the students. For Upper primary teacher, he can promote to senior level Teacher with completing eligibility criteria.
- Principal in upper primary school: Thus, the last promotion stage is principal in the high primary school.
The job post of UPTET Teacher is dream for many of people of who wants to work as teacher. The job is secure and the work load is less in comparison to that of private schools. Salary is impressive compared to other state teacher salary, career growth is promising, additional benefits and much more that you get as the UPTET Teacher. That’s why there is lot of competition for UPTET Teacher and you need a high level for preparation to crack the exam. So here in this post we have discusses in detail about UPTET Teacher salary, career growth, promotion, job profile etc that will surely help you. You can also compare and check the salary of Bihar STET Teacher to there post. If there is any query you can ask in our comment section mentioned below. Stay tuned with us for more updates.